Vinyl flooring has become one of the most popular types of flooring because of it’s attractive design, resiliency, moisture resistance and maintenance ease.
In this guide, we will be showing you what you need to know about vinyl flooring before buying.
WHAT IS VINYL FLOORING
Vinyl flooring is a type of flooring that is durable, affordable and easy to install, made out of synthetic materials such as fibreglass, PVC Vinyl, and a plasticizer.
Vinyl flooring can be installed both at home and office and pretty much anywhere.
So, What are the Types of Vinyl flooring?
There are many types of vinyl flooring, but in this guide, we are focusing on: sheet flooring, tile flooring and vinyl plank flooring.
From the name, the sheet flooring are laid in sheets, coming in rolls of six to twelve feets. The biggest advantage over other types is: its easier to install The vinyl sheet flooring is most suited or ideal for moisture-prone areas like bathrooms or mudrooms.
Vinyl tile flooring comes in tile sizes of 9 or 12 square inches; it replicates the look of ceramic tile but is more economical.
The vinyl tile flooring gives a look similar to that of marble or another classically tiled flooring.
VINYL PLANK FLOORING :
Vinyl planks are 100% waterproof and can be installed in residential and commercial area. its durability and dirt resistant nature makes it a good return value.
Layers Vinyl Flooring is Made Up Of: Vinyl flooring is constructed in a very delicate process, adding layer after layer until the vinyl is completely assembled. Vinyl flooring consists of six different layers, They are as follows: Top Coat: The top coat is the uppermost layer of a piece of vinyl flooring, providing the shine typical of vinyl and serving to defend the wear layer from damage. Wear Layer: The primary purpose of the wear layer is to protect the pattern layer of your vinyl flooring. Pattern Layer: As you might imagine, the pattern layer holds the design and color of your vinyl flooring. Cushion Layer: The cushion layer provides both the texture and the function of your vinyl flooring, making it an extremely important part of the construction process. Fiberglass: The fiberglass layer is what gives your flooring structure, keeping it flat and preventing curling over time. Base Layer: As with the foundation of your home, the base layer of your vinyl flooring keeps all of the other layers in place
REASONS WHY VINYL FLOORING IS SO POPULAR?
- Easy to install: Vinyl flooring, no matter the type you choose, is very easy to install.
- Easy to clean: It is a great choice for homeowners and office owners with active lifestyles because it is extremely easy to clean, often requiring no more than soap or water.
- Durability: The process in which vinyl is created lends itself to durability. The interior foam can withstand high temperatures, humidity, and just about anything else thrown its way.
Vinyl flooring is put through rigorous durability tests to measure the strength, scratch resistance, flammability, UV protection and much more.
- Moisture-Proof: vinyl planks are waterproof and can be sealed to completely prevent moisture from seeping through the floor.
- Heat Insulation: vinyl flooring is a great choice because of its resistance to heat, preventing the heat damage that is common to other less durable flooring types.
- Affordable: vinyl flooring can be had at a much lower price point than virtually every other type of flooring you could choose.
- Stylish: When selecting a flooring option, it’s nice to choose one that offers a variety of styles and colors, yes? Our GERFLOR VINYL floors come in a range of design options, allowing you to easily choose the best style and hue for every room in your Home, Office,Worship Centre, Open Space, Sporting Arena etc
Cons of Vinyl flooring
- Its difficult to remove when glue is applied during installation
- Vinyl flooring can show discoloration over time, when exposed to heavy sunlight
- Vinyl flooring is not biodegradable, and very difficult to recycle.
The importance of a good floor cannot be emphasized enough. It’s important to select floors that offer the most benefits for the space.
I believe this guide as help you know a little about vinyl flooring.
So, If you ‘re considering installing one for your office or home, You can contact us